I love my no screen days. Since I started to put my iPhone aside, I started to work on interesting and more relaxing stuff and reading more than ever. Today, I want to write about my one and only DIY project so far. How to make pom pom sneakers that cost of $6.
First of all, I love how fun these fur pom pom sneakers. They elevate your simplest look to the different level. I found the most affordable pair from Sam Edelman. They have so many different color options with suede or leather difference. I was so close buying Mauve Suede pair but then I realize that It’s very hard to pick the cutest one because all of them are really looking very good.
Click + icon to see other color options.
Since I can’t really afford to buy same shoes for different colors, I decided to do my own pom pom sneakers. And the other things is that I really don’t want to buy another pair of sneakers just because It’s the trend now. And I can easily change my pom colors with the others if I get bored to wear the same color again and again.
How to Make Pom Pom Sneakers at Home?
First of all, let’s see what you need for to do your DIY sneakers:
- A pair of sneakers,
- Clorox wipes, (to clean your old sneakers)
- Two or three pairs of pom pom ties,
- A scissors.
- Firstly, make sure you tie your laces that are comfortable to keep your shoes on because you are not gonna untie your laces because we basically attach our pom poms to lace to keep them stable.
2. Clean your shoes before starting to attach the pom poms if your shoes are old ones. (I love these shoes and almost wear every day so I needed to clean first :))
3. I bought the pom pom hair ties. So I can easily tie them after I cut the hair tie on it.
4. Tie the pom pom securely to the lowest level.
5. Most of the sneakers have this extra holder in the middle. That is a perfect place to tie second pom pom.
6. Ta daa!! Your pom pom sneakers ready to rock on the streets.
So what do you think about my very first DIY project as part of my No Screen Days. Hope you guys enjoy this very simple and money saver trendy DIY sneakers.
Hope you guys enjoy this very simple and money saver trendy DIY sneakers. Tell me your ideas about creating DIY pom pom sneakers. I can’t wait to read your comments.