As some of you may know, I had my beautiful daughter Anani in March. Prior to her arrival, I nearly drove myself crazy trying to decide on the theme for my maternity pictures. I had days to decide because my photographer was only available for one weekend. After scouring Pinterest for ideas, I finally decided on doing a milk bath maternity photoshoot. Now, let me share with you the pros and cons of taking milk bath maternity photos.
Pros + Cons of Milk Bath Maternity Photos
- Affordable. Milk is an inexpensive resource that looks divine on film.
- Simple and convenient. This type of photo shoot is easy to do, even at home, in the comfort of your own bathtub.
- Aesthetically pleasing. One of the things that drew me to this type of shoot was how gorgeous other milk bath shoots turned out.
- Customizable. You can put whatever you want in your milk bath. I used freshly cut red and pink roses, their pedals, and sliced oranges.
- Fun. I totally felt like a goddess as I posed for the pictures among all the floating flowers and fruit.
- Milk. Sitting in milk for an hour can easily feel gross, especially when you’re pregnant. I definitely took a long, sudsy shower afterwards.
- Revealing. Due to the nature of the shoot, you have to be comfortable showing skin. If that’s not in your comfort zone, you could add additional layers like a silk robe or lacy nightgown.
- Uncomfortable. It’s not easy maneuvering around in a filled bathtub when you have an 8 month bump.
As you can see from my experience, there are a lot more pros than cons when it comes to a milk bath maternity shoot. I recommend this type of shoot for expecting mamas who want to feel ethereal.
Photographer: Velez Wilmoth